Director of Assisted Reproduction
- Completed her undergraduate as well as postgraduate medical education at the KEM Hospital and the Seth G. S. Medical College, Mumbai.
- Had a distinguished career with several gold medals and first ranks.
- After MD and Diplomate of the National Board, trained at Yale University School of Medicine as a postdoctoral researcher in Reproductive Medicine for 4 years.
- Returned to India to set up and head the first IVF centre in a private hospital at the Jaslok Hospital in 1989. Within a year of its inception the Jaslok centre was being hailed as an outstanding international centre and began receiving patients from 35 different countries as well as from every state of India.
- Director, Dept. of Assisted Reproduction and Genetics, Jaslok Hospital and Research Centre.
- Visiting Professor in Obstetrics and Gynaecology at the Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, USA 1992-2005.
Dr. Parikh has several Firsts
- South East Asia's first ICSI baby, Luv singh in 1994.
- First pregnancy by LASER Assisted Hatching 1999
- Set up the first PGD laboratory in India 1999.
- Pioneered the technique of Cumulus Aided Transfer (CAT) for the first time in the world 2005.
- First pregnancy in India for Robertsonian Translocation by PGD in 2010.
- First pregnancy in India for Reciprocal Translocation by PGD in 2011.
Media Coverage Curriculum Vitae of Dr. Firuza R. Parikh